29 November 2005

I love new shoes and useless information!


Today is Wednesday, Nov. 30, the 334th day of 2005. There are 31 days left in the year.

WOW! 31 days... That isn't much time. I can't believe it is going to be 2006 soon. But anywho, I went shopping the other day while I was back home and I found these FABulous shoes (see picture). They were already on sale and then they were 70, yes 70 percent off! That made for a very happy Emily! Anyway a picture does not do them justice, but I thought I would add it anyway. Well, I add a simply fantastic Thanksgiving. I was sick the whole week, but I was well enough on Thursday to go do the whole "family thing." It was so awesome. I got a chance to sit down and talk with my grandfather. Every time I do that he amazes at how awesome he is. He had to explain some things to the supreme court once for his company (there was some sort of trial happening, I didn't get all the details) Anyway they won the case due to what they claimed was "Well's wisdom" (My grandfather's name is Wells, it probably helps to know that.) He also graduated high school at 15 and worked solid for two years and graduated law school two months shy of his 17th birthday. So, high school at 15 and law school at 16. That fact alone will never cease to amaze me. He also taught some courses at Samford, fought in WWII, practically built my house and is now a chaplain at the VA in his spare time. Talk about being well rounded.

But enough about my family... I'm sure it isn't half as interesting to other people who don't know them. Let's see... I mentioned that I was sick over Thanksgiving... But the benefit of that is that I did not overeat and was plagued by no feelings of remorse or guilt the following day. Oh, and get this... I found some old photos of my grandmother, I look more like her than I do my mother! For those of you who have met my mother, that is a hard fact to imagine...(haha- I hate that there are no smiles on this thing so I suppose I will be forced to do the sideways thingy :-D)

Okay, so I am a HUGE fan of absolutely useless trivia amd weird facts... If you are too...Go here...http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/uselessfacts/ or here... http://www.emmitsburg.net/humor/index_list/interesting_facts_index.htm or here... http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/humor/100099.sht. This particular fact was particularly puzzling to me. Get this. On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag!!! Another is that intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair. Okay... This is cool and sad too:
If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like this:
There would be:
57 Asians
21 Europeans (14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north & south)
8 Africans
52 people would be female
48 would be male
70 would be non-white
30 would be white
70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian
6 would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth (and all 6
would be from the U.S.
80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death;
1 would be near birth
1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
1 would own a computer

Well, I think that is all for toady... I must quit procrastinating and go study for my econ test. Lata!

Music of the moment: U2 baby!
Tip/Quote of the day: "You've gotta be able to laugh at yourself. Otherwise life is going to be a lot longer than you'd like." --Sam (Natalie Portman), Garden State

2 comments:

Courtney said...

sorry you didnt get to over-eat! i know the feelings of remorse come..but seriously it's the only time of year you can eat non-stop and no-one will question your eating habits! i was (and still am) sick all through thanksgiving too but it didnt ruin my appetite just my voice :) i sounded like a man..i've got the voice back now but i'm still suffering from sickness..which i HATE! cant wait to see ya over christmas!! have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yeay for procrastination!!! :)Thursday night (actually Friday morning) I wrote a speech,starting at 2:30 am and finishing at 4 am. um, yea, some classes were skipped!!! :)