05 December 2005

God is Awesome!

Today is Monday, Dec. 5, the 339th day of 2005. There are 26 days left in the year.

Psalm 150
Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

I heard the song "Did you feel the Mountains Tremble" for the first time last week. Let me just say, that song is awesome... If you ever get a chance to listen to Sonicflood's version off their sonicpraise album you should.

On a different but related issue, there was this song that I used to sing as a kid with my mother. It was very simple, not much to it. But one of the lines was "He [God] could have made it [earth] black and white and we'd have never known". That particular line is so simple in text but so profound in meaning. I think about it every time I hear a song I like or I see a beautiful sunset. It is so true... God did not have to bless us with all the beauty that surrounds us. If it weren't there we would not have know anything different. It isn't as though we deserve it. I just feel so unworthy and so thankful... I just, well... The only words that do it justice are: GOD IS AWESOME!

Tip of the day: Look at the beauty around you. It's there!
Song of the day: Did you feel the mountains tremble

1 comment:

loverOfTruth said...

It is nice to see people of strong faith. Nice blog.

Please visit my blog @ http://thesimplemessage.blogspot.com also for some nice friendly discussion.

Thanks.