27 July 2009

Rest...Blue...Bows


I decided to rest this weekend. Partially because I really needed the rest and partially because I have an ear infection and had a stomach bug all day Sunday. (oh the fun). Anyway, while I was resting I decided to watch a movie. I've had it for a while but was trying to save it for a date night. But, lets face reality.. that isn't happening for quite a while so I just decided to go ahead and watch it :) I'm really glad I did; for two reasons. One: It was a really good movie. Two: I sobbed all throughout it. Not exactly great for a date :) Oh, The movie was P.S. I Love You. You should totally watch it if you haven't already. Warning, watch it with tissues.

I picked up a pen this morning, wrote with it for a few minutes then noticed it was broken and leaking all over my hands. They are very blue at the moment :) Very smerf-like. Just thought I'd mention a bit of randomness.

I found this picture the other day. It made me smile. I don't really remember this particular picture being taken. In fact I don't even know where I was. East Lake Park maybe? Anyway, the happy memory is of the shirt I'm wearing in the picture. It was the shirt I learned to tie a bow on. I was sitting in Mrs. McCombs K-5 class in reading circle. I was listening to a particularly boring story and i realized that the drawstring around the waist of the shirt was untied. It bugged me SO badly. I had been trying for a long time but hadn't been successful. But it was at this particular time that I was overcome with a bout of stubborn-ness and determination. Well, it worked and I tied my first bow :) I was so excited. However, my excitement almost immediately turned to disappointment when I realized that since we were in reading circle and I was suppose to be paying attention, I couldn't tell anyone of my triumph. It was a very bittersweet moment ;)

Well I guess that is all for now.

Oh. 19 days.

1 comment:

Mrs. Filly said...

lol I love the bow tying story!! i can imagine the happy sad emotion! and fyi ps i love....SO GOOD! my sisters and I all went to the dollar theater and watched it back in the day...and we due to being in public held back the tears..however when I rewatched it in the privacy of my home I cried and cried and sobbed and cried some more!! sooo good tho :)!!! thanks for the prayers!