20 July 2009

I went down to Auburn this weekend for a break from this thing called life. I had, for the most part, a fabulous time. I have two great friends who let me stay with them so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel room. (Thanks you guys! - It helped a ton). The reason for my visit specifically was to go to the Auburn Knight's reunion. While the music there was great, as usual, it was a bit of a let down. I barely got to do any dancing at all. But oh well, there is always next year.

However, Saturday afternoon was absolutely perfect... I slept until noon. then got up and went to the Arboretum. I love that place. I fed the turtles and the fish. :) Then I went and parked myself under a couple of nice shady trees. I read for a while. It was warm outside, but there was a breeze blowing (bringing a sweet smell for some flowers close by). I couldn't help myself... I fell asleep. I woke up and went and got a shaved ice. The afternoon doesn't get much better than that.

I went to the Knight's reunion again that evening. TOTal disappointment. But when I left there, I went to see The Proposal with Laura. Cute movie, total chick flick. (probably not the best idea for me to see, but it was cute anyway).

Here are a couple of pictures from Father's day. My cousin and I made lunch for the whole family. It was the first time the whole family ate at my new beautiful table. The other picture is of me and my grandfather.

1 comment:

Mrs. Filly said...

the table looks beautiful you went all out in typical emily style :)! your afternoon sounds like a dream afternoon to me I must take a day to go to a park and read alone before the summer is out!