26 December 2012

Cruisin'


For the 3 or 4 possible people who will read this... I am still alive. haha.
Lets see.... I don't think I can do a proper update on my life since June. Well, I could but it would be a book. I'll just give you a glimpse at a few of the things that have happened most recently.

Surgery Post Op Continued: Day seven was definitely the worst. It was at that point when I realized WHY my ENT didn't have his patients come back to see him until two weeks after.... if I had seen him on that 7th day I think I would have punched him.  But six weeks later and I was back to my old self. And 20 pounds less of me. Its amazing how fast you loose weight when you simply cannot eat. Isn't it a shame I just can't cut food all together. I'd be thinner and I'd have more money. Ha.

Not actually our ship.. it was leaving as we were. But it looks like ours. 


Cruise: I actually went on a cruise just before my surgery. In fact, I had to move the date of the surgery to wait until I got back. But it was so unbelievably worth it. I had never been out of the country before. I loved it. We did so much. It was an eight day cruise with four ports. Grand Turks - La Romana, Domincan Republic - Curacao - Aruba.
    Grand Turks: Well, to tell about this port, I have to start by telling about the night before we got there. It took 2 days of our trip to reach. The first day/night I was fine. But the second night... oh my goodness. I have never been sicker in my entire life. I'm not talking "I'm feeling a little woozy." I'm talking an hour and a half solid of projectile vomiting. And for those of you who have not experienced it... let me just tell you... throwing up like that on a moving ship is something akin to that game you play as a kid where they spin you around with your head on a bat and then expect you to do something like hit a ball or run in a straight line... only you have to clean up after each time you miss. Luckily, after that I was good the rest of the trip... But I woke up late on the morning we arrived at our first stop... and missed the bus to our excursion!!! I was so bummed because it seemed like a really fun one. So I found a taxi and they drove me to the place (The whole island is like 7 miles long. It didn't take too long). I got to mark an item off my bucket list here... and then some. I had never ridden a horse. and that is what we did... all over the island while we looked at some beautiful scenery. Then.... we got to go swimming on the horses. I had no idea that a horse could swim so fast. It was insane. I have to do that again!
     La Romana: Our excursion here wasn't as exciting. It was a boat ride through the rivers. We had very fresh fruit from the island, got to hear a lot about the culture and relax. Then we got to walk around and enjoy an artist's town with some amazing flowers and breathtaking views. I particularly enjoyed the fact that I got to randomly dance with a local to some street music. It was so lovely... we didn't even speak the same language, but we communicated through dance. It made me smile. I do really love dancing. (Another bucket list item... dance in as many countries as you can.... at least I have a start now)
     Curacao: I got the chance to cross another item off my list here. (I tried to cross as many off my list as I could.) I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins. I think they are so beautiful and graceful. We couldn't swim with them, but we did get to go in the water with them. I enjoyed it a lot. I particularly enjoyed Curacao. It was so clean and laid back. I wouldn't mind going back there for a vacation one day and really getting to know the place.
     Aruba: I know Aruba gets a bad rep, but I enjoyed it. The people were friendly, and we  had such a fun time there. We took an off road drive... and I mean OFF off ... that ended at the top of a mountain. After climbing down MANY stairs, (I am using the term quite loosely here as they were more or less rocks that had been placed in a stair like fashion) we got a natural pool. It was so nice. i was really glad I had invested in a truly waterproof camera here.

      Here is a link to some pictures of the trip.

I think those are my two huge events. I have been trying to hit as many dance exchanges/workshops/out of town events as possible this year. I think Lindy Focus will make it 14 or 15. My biggest year ever. Next year.... I hope to top it and include at least one place out of the southeast. Somewhere I preferably  have to fly to.

I leave for Lindy Focus tomorrow. Be expecting lots of pictures and posts to come from that. It is going to be amazing!

That is all for the time being

Later,
-E

No comments: