10 July 2014

This Old House: Project New Floor

I've been systematically cleaning and organizing my house tackling little projects here and there. My next project was to clean out the extra room in my house and turn it into an official library - My books are just about taking over the house. I wanted to clean the living room before I started "project library."

I went to move my couch in order to sweep underneath it. The floor around the vent next to the couch looked a bit...odd. I stepped toward it to have a closer look and

Foot Through The Floow on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif


...OK so my foot didn't actually go through the floor, but it came remarkably close. As it turns out there is a ventilation problem under the house in the living room and dining room which has caused parts of the floor to rot and well, it's bad.

"Project Library" has now turned into "Project Save-the-floor-so-I-don't-fall-all-the-way-through"

Step One: Last night I moved everything that was in the living room or the dining room into other rooms of the house. This proved to be more difficult than I thought. The following was moved:
Bedroom - 12 boxes (11 of which were books), All the artwork, picture frames, a chair and a half with ottoman, tv stand and tv
Kitchen - Couch, loveseat, table that seats ten, and the piano
Guestroom - 10 chairs, 4 bookcases, 3 DVD shelves (including a standing clock), Lamps, picture frames and whatnots.
Plus the furniture these rooms already had. Its quite ridiculous.

A few current pictures of the insanity:

Kitchen



Bedroom


Guestroom



Empty Living and Dining Room



More to come as progress is made...

No comments: