10 March 2006

Moving

Well, I just thought I would update since A) I can't sleep and B) al lot has happened since my last post.

I am moving. The owners of the trailer park that I live in sold the entire park and gave us 30 days to be off of the premises. I was quite frantic for a while, but I now have a new place to live (next to a really good friend) and I have hired the movers. My dad is going to do the hook ups (power, water, etc...) So I am set. Moving day is March 28. That is cutting it a bit close, but oh well. I am moving somewhere better than I am at now and I will be next to a friend...So this is actually a good thing.

I would also like to say that I am so thankful God has blessed me. I went to the doctor the other day (strep throat) and I was sitting there, comlaining about the wait, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks... how ungrateful I am. There are those in the U.S. and all over the world who will die of things that could be easily healed with a medicine that I take for granted, and there I was complaining of a sore throat and a little wait. Things were really put into perspective as I sat praying in that waiting room.

Well, I think that is all for the moment...
Music of the moment: Sam Phillips "Reflecting Light" (You can download the whole song for free at http://www.samphillipsmusic.com/music.html ) Yes, it is from Gilmore Girls - The song where Luke and Lorelei dance at Luke's sister's wedding - But it is s good song.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- alot has happened to you since the last time that we chatted!! Good luck with the move! Hope to see you soon :)

Anonymous said...

Yea, i wanna know about the pool too! We might have to have a repeat of last time....just to get you acquainted :) lol

Unknown said...

Just thought I'd add... no pool

Anonymous said...

aw man! Well, I guess we'll just have to find another one :)

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney said...

well have a great move! and yea being at the doctor can make you very reflective over things like that..I've had the same experience working at the hospital...makes you very grateful..hope you are better now! i really do want to talk soon...but being spring break is next week..teachers are trying to make everything due over the next three days..so i'm swamped! (funny thought,..me covered in swamp muck....all stringy and smelly and muddy..and i cant walk cause my "coloredy" rain boots are stuck in the muck...yea..ok) love ya! :) have a great day

Courtney said...

i tried to call you sunday and my phone was totally not working for me..i was out at the soccer fields..tony was playin and i was like hmmm i should call ol em-lee up..but it only rang a few times then it disconnected me...and the next time it wouldnt even ring... :( i wish we could get together soon !

Courtney said...

and no pool! what were you thinking..it's a good thing we got that checked off your list or you could have never finished the life list!! wow...so whats next i wanna get started on a few more for ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello :)